Friday, February 12, 2010

Monogramming...


So, I recently purchased a vintage pattern on etsy for making letters. I practiced making my own inititials, and am working on attaching it to a small drawstring bag I got when I purchased some earrings. I do not usually store my jewellry in bags, so I didn't know what to do with the bag, but I've decided I will use it as a tatting bag. When I finish it, I will try to post it up on here, so hopefully I can get some feedback.


I also added a new necklace to the etsy store- it's a green tatted triangular motif. I made it out of yarn using my Tatsy shuttle. The shuttle was weird to work with since it was so big, and took some getting used to, but I love the results!!! (See photo above, or else you can check it out at the store at www.artikaur.etsy.com) The pattern is an antique pattern I obtained online. I think it looks nice as a pendant, but I guess you could also make it work as earrings.
Since my last posting, I have also learned how to do thrown/floating rings off of a chain!!! I am working on a small purple/white doily. I like the new look of the chains with floating rings attached- really adds drama to the piece!!!:-)...
I wish I had more photos to share, but I am so tired right now, and feeling too lazy to take pics of stuff lol...
Well, let me know what you guys have been working on!!!:-)...
Thanks so much for looking!!!:-)...

No comments:

Post a Comment