Saturday, September 4, 2010

Sock Loom


You're probably wondering what the picture is of. I won't keep you in suspense any longer- it's my brand new sock loom!!!:-)...

I have always wanted to learn how to knit or crochet socks, but for some reason, I never got around to doing it. I have loom knitted hats in the past, but never a sock. This loom is by Knitting Board, and it came with a DVD that shows you how to use the loom. I think knitting the heel and toe will be the hardest/trickiest part, but hopefully it turns out okay.

I have also been playing around with my new tatting shuttle. It's a wooden one with a crochet hook on one end, and it appears to be vintage. The opening for the thread is very narrow, and so it won't accomodate size 10 thread, but it works pretty well for size 80, and Lizbeth thread. It's a nice lightweight shuttle.

Well, what have you all been up to? Keep me posted!!!:-)...

2 comments:

  1. There's also a book on loom knitting socks. I can't remember the name off the top of my head, but I have a copy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there Sewicked- yeah, I haven't actually gotten around to finishing off that sock lol...Right now I'm working on a knitted dishcloth...

    ReplyDelete