Friday, May 25, 2012

Baby Hat


Baby Hat


I made a baby hat today (hat pattern is from The Reading Hospital and Medical Center Friends' Knitting Guild). It's a light yellow shade, in a knit two, purl two rib stitch, with a little pompom on top. I knit this on straight needles.

This was knitted on US 5 needles. I did try knitting it on circulars, but gave up on that because knitting on straights is so much simpler...

How to make a Pompom

Wondering how I made my pompom? It's super easy, and it does not involve buying a pompom maker, or wasting your time with a piece of cardboard. Just wrap the yarn around your fingers until it reaches the desired pompom thickness. Then cut the top and bottom, wrap with yarn in the middle and knot. Let me know if you want me to do a photo tutorial on this, if you think it'd be easier to follow.

Knitting/Crochet Projects in Progress

  • Snood for my sister
  • Triangle shawl
  • Purse with wooden handles


No comments:

Post a Comment