Friday, May 11, 2012

My First Cable!!!


My Foray Into Cable Knitting


I have been knitting for several years, and I have never ever knitted a cable stitch before. All that changed tonight- Take a look at my first attempt at cable knitting below:

The yarn was is Lily's Sugar n Cream yarn in Pastel Delight. I got it on clearance at Walmart for a whopping 75 cents! I plan on making a crochet dishcloth out of it, but the mood struck me to try something new, so I tried cable knitting. It's gonna get frogged and turned into a dishcloth, but at least now I know I can cable knit!!!:-)...


The swatch was knitted on US 8 needles, and the stitch is called "Six Stitch Cable" from "Beginner's Guide Knit Stitches & Easy Projects" by Leisure Arts Little Books.

Knitting Projects in Progress

  • Snood for my sister
  • Triangle shawl
  • Purse with wooden handles


No comments:

Post a Comment